Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Changing Lanes


I finished the first draft today. Three hundred and fifty eight pages of words all carefully (and sometimes carelessly) crafted be me. It's an incredible feeling to know that I've actually written a novel. However I'm still so unsure of whether it's any good or not that I won't actually celebrate my achievement until I sit down next week to read it from start to finish.

In the beginning, I'd stop to reread my chapters every so often. But once I'd passed the 200-page mark I stopped going back and only went forward. I settled into a new habit of only reading several pages before the point I'd left off before starting up again. Was this the right thing to do? I have no clue. My worry is that my novel is completely fractured, which constantly changing tones. I'll find out on Monday when I start from page one and read the entire manuscript for the first time. After that I have to change lanes and switch from writing mode to editing mode. Part of me thinks it will be a complete overhaul, but maybe it's just the doubt talking.

1 comment:

  1. Now it's time for the next one in the series. No stopping missy. Get on that ;-)

    ReplyDelete